Japanese No-Knead Fig & Walnut Bread
Servings: 4 Pieces
Blue Jacket Bread Flour
Olive Oil / Melt Butter
Golden Flower Mei Kuei Lu (Rose Wine)
- Soak figs in Mei Kuei Lu for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight). Drain figs and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a big container, mix Blue Jacket Bread Flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add honey, water and olive oil. Mix till dough formed.
- Add chopped walnuts and figs into dough.
- Cover container and leave in room temperature for 1 hr. When small bubbles are form, transfer container to fridge for at least 5 hrs (ideal is 10-18 hours).
- Remove container and leave in room temperature for another hour.
- Transfer dough on counter top and divide the dough into 4 pieces.
- Shape dough into desired shapes. Leave on a parchment paper to proof for 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle some flour on surface when dough doubled in size. Use a sharp knife to score the surface.
- Preheat over and bake at 190°C for 20 minutes. Remove when done.
Product Used in this reciepe